Category Archives: Mobile Phones
Android Version- 2.2 v1.8 3656
Kernel- 2.6 32.9
Build Number- FRF85B
- Smoother System built off of the 3245 firmeware as source
- Fast response to user touch
- Enhanced icons
- Wow Launcher updated
- File Manager updated
- Wow Video updated
- Ereader updated
- Calculater updated
- Camera updated
- 3d Gallery app
- Music Player updated
- Skype updated (no video as of yet)
- Gmail contact sync options
- Hands down, best yet
Bugs discovered so far
- Android market still free version
- GPS location still locating us on Loushan Rd wang chung land
- Firmware update app will DOWNGRADE YOU TO 28xx 2.1 firmware so dont touch it
- Wow Launcher still abit slow
- Development Options still hidden/disabled
- Live Wallpapers Disabled/Unistalled
- Maybe the last firmware for the superpad
*Caution, Please backup any important data you may have on your tablet or your sdcard as both will be wiped during the update procedure. This update procedure will require either your sdcard or a male-male end usb cable for direct flashing of the firmware. This procedure is the same as we took in the 2xxx firmware upgrades for those who took participation in that event. Your tablet should be completely charged for this event and should be plugged in as well for the procedure. Please follow directions carefully and slowly along with the actions needed afterwards on the superpad or flytouch2. This process should be brick free and safe for any android user. If it were to brick, I am not responsible nor is anyone here as you take the responsibility of flashing updates,firmwares,upgrades,ect to your tablet. It isnt required to flash any updates to your tablet as its always a danger to your tablet but recommended at the same time.
*NOTE* The drivers needed for the direct USB burn in the IUS burner are only capadible with windows XP 32bit. If you plan to use that method and you are running windows 7 or another operating system, you will need to setup a virtual machine with windows xp using virtual box or some other emulator, if you need help setting up a virtual environment, please email me for support.
::Note for Windows 7, OSX, and Linux users::
In order to run the IUS burner, you may need to setup up a virtual xp machine on your desktop/laptop. Virtual box is a great program to install on either windows or linux. OSX users, go purchase parallel from your local computer store. If you need a virtual desktop setup, please scroll down to Virtual Machine Setup.
::Preping Your SDcard For Firmware Burning::
“Only if you are choosing to use the burn to sd method, which ive noticed to be a lot easier but may need more than one flash to the tablet”
Your SDcard needs to be fully formated and at its highest capacity in order to burn the firmware to your sdcard. If you’ve attempted the 3245 updated but was not successful and/or could not fix your sdcard after winhex repartitioned it, we need to fix it. By using the following links, choose a method and correct your sdcard. We need it back to its normal capacity.
*Someone earlier posted a hp tool earlier in 3245 post and that seemed to work to.
After your card is to its fullest again, simple format your card or just make sure everythings off of it. After burning the firmware to your sdcard, you will have to repartition your sdcard to get it back to the fullest capacity again.
-IUS burner (Pick a link that works for you)
-WWE10 IUS file http://www.b2cus.com/software/WWE10B…U0M_GT2005.rar
For those who are having problems with the above links, I uploaded a whole package.
::IUS Burner and WWE10 IUS File AIO package Link::
Froyo upgrade package.rar
Deciding which procedure to take? Are you an advanced user or beginner? If you are a beginner or not very computer savy, I would recommend the burn to sdcard method as its the safest and easiest procedure.
After downloading both folders, place them both in one folder on your desktop for easy access to the IUS program so you can find your files easily.
Introduction of IUW Burning Tools
Connecting devices: Connect the tablet and computer with a USB cable(male to male), one end to the USB OTG interface(close to the Audio output) of the tablet and one end toPC. Get ready for boot the tablet. Press Power+Menu to boot the 10 inch tablet and Power+Vol+ for 8 inch one. Then the PC shows new hard drive detected. After the drive is installed according to the drive program in the OTG Driver file, you can begin burning.
This procedure is available in the advanced options of the IUS burner and is for meant advanced android users.
• U0: u-boot-nand.bin
• KERNEL: uImage (or uimg.xxxx)
• SYSTEM: system.img
• USER: userdata.img
• RAMDISK: ramdisk.img
• RECVRD: recovery_rd.img (It can be ignored if there is no RECVRD)
You can find the above files in the Android folder in the img card we offered.
1. Burning by OTG
1). Open the IUW burning tools and select Link USB
2). select Easy burn
3). Select the ius .iso file located on your computer, point the folder towards were you located the IUS file downloaded earlier.
4). Connect the the tablet to computer
5). Press Power+Menu to boot the 10 inch tablet and Power+Voice+ for 8 inch. When the small box in Tool turns green, press Burn.
6). After burning finishes, plug out the cable and press Reset, then restart the device.
2. Burning by SD card
1). Open the IUW burning tools and select Boot Disk
2). Select the IUS .iso file (Again were ever you placed it on your computer, usually your desktop for easy access)
3). Connect the SD card to PC via card-reader;
4). Select the SD drive, for example Removeable media1;
5). Click the Burn button in tool;
6). After burning finishes, plug the SD card into the T-flash 1 (MicroSD) slot; (Sometimes the sdcard will get damaged if you directly remove so please use the correct way and use the option, “remove drive safely”)
7). Press Power button to begin the burning;
8). After burning finishes, plug out the SD card, and press Reset, then restart the device.
9) Your sdcard will probably be as messed up as like the last update procedure did to it, partations are reformated. So Use the hp format tool to reformat your sdcard.
Warning: Keep the tablet is charging because the whole burning progress needs definitely enough power, otherwise the system will break up and booting fails. After burning finishes, the system will starts self-checking. It is normal when the flash- or blurred screen appears.
The self checking will probably freak you but be head strong and enjoy the show, its normal. A few button clicks will be needed so dont walk off.
After a long tedious self check, you should start to see your normal boot process, booting will take some time and you will be presented with a calibration screen and then your desktop.
Rooting is very known by this community and to some is a dumb deer in the headlights look. Whats root? Well its basically meaning to have administrative rights to your tablet allowing one to have full control over the android operating system which can be fun but dangerous at the same time. “With great power comes great responsibility” Now we arnt spider man but yeah its the truth, you can destroy your firmware if you misuse your root privileges. Root acces will allow one to install custom boot animations, custom themes, system apps, terminal scripts, font, font size, file system editing, ect.
Now again development options are needed and in this case, they are blocked yet again :/ so we need our favorite launcher to give us a lift.
*Launcher Pro is available via the android market place and its obsolete version is available in my Goodies Package I introduced with the 3245 firmware. That package can be downloaded below, its packed full of items to spice up your superpad.
After you install Launcher pro, press home and select Launcher Pro. Once your on Launcher pro as your desktop, long press on the desktop untill you recieve the options of creating a shortcut. Press shortcut then press activities. Then scroll down your options untill you see settings and scroll down till you see development and select it and create the shortcut. Click on your new shortcut and click on debugging option. From the goodies package, install z4root/terminal/and busybox. Your all set to start playing with your root abilities after that ^.^
*Tips, Tricks, Extras
After some sexy remodeling, more to come.
Here is the package I mentioned earlier I put together
MEGAUPLOAD – The leading online storage and file delivery service
Pro Apps Package (Couple of “free apps of the day” from the amazon marketplace I found very usefull)
Pro Apps.rar – 4shared.com – online file sharing and storage – download
*Extract the contents of the following packages using winrar or .rar extractor onto your sdcard and browse the files via the file browser or my pad app on the super pad to apply the apks and other goods.
**Virtual Machine Setup**
-Microsofts site to help windows 7 users install windows xp mode.
Download Windows XP Mode
-Virtual Box Details and Instructions
The Beginner’s Guide to Creating Virtual Machines with VirtualBox
Source: Android Tablets
Too much time to get a GPS Fix?
No problem, whit this solution your GPS will Fix Faster and Faster than Ever!!! ( NO need anymore fasterfix our gps aids our others, if you have this apps install, please unistall it.)
GPS QUICKEST FIX v1.3 New
1. Download the file gps.conf for your Geography Zone:
2. Then COPY the gps.conf to your internal sdcard (ROOT) to the folder system/etc
(First Please Backup your old gps.conf. To copy the new file you will need a explorer like ASTRO Explorer or Super Manager or Root Explorer to “Mount R/W (Read/Write)” I recomend the Root Explorer.)
3. Reboot - The procedure is complete!!!
Fix by Geography zone
Fix more Accuracy
Increase Fix Speed
Source: DarkyROM Community Forum
Did this fix personally on my Samsung Galaxy S i9000 today and works superfast!!!! Tested with Co-pilot and picked up my position within about 3 seconds!
iPad 2 reaching new dimensions.
iPad 2 definitely has more advantages over its successful predecessor iPad, such as being lighter, faster, and having now also a front-facing camera which enables Facetime video-calling. Additionally, this front-facing camera provides the possibility to enjoy “glasses-free” 3D experience.
Jerome Francone and Laurence Nigay from the Laboratory of Informatics of Grenoble, EHCI Research Group, have combined the iPad 2’s front-facing camera with head tracking technology to give the user an overall glasses-free monocular 3D display. The experience is “entirely based on the camera and the movements of a user’s head in from of the screen.”
“We track the head of the user with the front facing camera in order to create a glasses-free monocular 3D display. Such spatially-aware mobile display enables to improve the possibilities of interaction. It does not use the accelerometers and relies only on the front camera.”
This means that iPad 2 users can view their screen as more of a 3D portal based on their viewpoint in looking at their iPad 2. Take a look at Francone and Nigay’s video here:
Head Tracking for iPad: Glasses-Free 3D Display
Francone and Nigay’s demo with targets was inspired by another tech enthusiast Johnny Lee, who demoed head tracking for desktop VR displays back in 1997 using a Wii remote and head-mounted sensor bar. Awesomely enough, Lee’s very informative head-tracking demo and his sincere request for Nintendo to step up its gaming to a 3D experience must have reached the ears of Nintendo, as Nintendo has since then created the Nintendo 3DS.
See Johnny Lee’s video here:
If you’re a regular blogger, you have an Android phone then try out the WordPress Android App! WordPress for Android is an Open Source app that empowers you to write new posts, edit content, and manage comments with built-in notifications!
Here are a few steps to do before you get started with the WordPress app:
- If your blog runs WordPress 2.6 or later, you must explicitly enable the XML-RPC remote publishing interface, otherwise AMA won’t be able to publish to your site.
- Log in to your blog with the admin account, and go to Settings, and then Writing.
- Check the box next to “XML-RPC” on the Writing options page, and save the settings.
After the above steps have been done, you can now login to your WordPress app using your admin account settings and get posting!
Direct download, scan the below QR code with your phone:
Other Platforms available:
Some Features of Pulse:
- Browse and Read: With the Pulse dashboard layout, you can continue to browse news stories on Pulse as you read an article.
- Personalize Your News: You can select a “pack” to auto-populate an entire page with the top sources for your favourite news category such as politics, finance, sports and more. Pulse adds new content to the Featured section every Friday. You can also search for your favourite news sources by simple keywords.
- Organize Your News: Tailor your mobile news reading experience by selecting up to 60 news sources across five customizable pages. This new design is optimized for organizing and viewing sources on both phones and tablets. Moving sources between pages is as easy as drag and drop!
- Make it Social: Like, share and comment on items in your Facebook news feed from within Pulse. Easily browse social content from Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, Digg, Reddit and Hacker News (Y Combinator’s social news feed).
- Spread the Word: Found an interesting news article? Sharing a news story on Pulse to Facebook, Twitter and email is as easy as 2 taps.
- No internet? No problem. Pulse loads your news stories when you’re online, so you can read them later even when you’re offline.
- Import Your News: Pulse News allows you to directly import all your RSS feeds from Google Reader. Your read status is also synced between Pulse and Google Reader, whether online or offline.
- Stay Up To Date: Want to read the latest news as soon as it’s published? Tap to refresh news sources instantly without ever leaving the application.
Have a Windows 7 phone and looking for something similar? Try out Zen News Reader.
NOTE: Outdated! New version out, CLICK HERE!!!!
Update 3245 - Whats New?
- Version 3245
- Smoother UI
- Camera fix
- Skype and Windows Live messenger enhanced
- 3g options for 3g adapters
- Ota updates (supposidly)
- Icon changes
- registration completly gone…this time
- A Better Tablet
- Faster Ramdisk
The Flaws Discovered
- live wallpapers disabled (fixed)
- market payed apps disabled, V1 (working on fix)
- wifi issues on selected flytouch2 devices and other capadible devices. (We have no clue)
- Debug option hidden (fixed)
- Read only system (fixed to RW)
If your tablet came with or has froyo…this update is not meant for u unless u wanna downgrade.
SD card update burner : flytouch2-ROM-recover-card.zip ( bootable sd ) (The burn tool needed for this process)
Update 3245: MEGAUPLOAD – The leading online storage and file delivery service ( android.rar ) (The android files needed for the update, not an *update.zip*)
(if they dont work, try the site)
InfoTM X220 (Flytouch II, WOWpad, SuperPAD) ROM Development – Page 151 – xda-developers
Thanks to XDA
Flytouch 2 Generation 1 Update process
By: Ryan Gocal (Rg)
- Extract the recovery rar file and make a folder like I dont know…FTii Recovery Tool on your desktop
- Go in win hex folder and click on winhex.exe located in second folder on the bottom of list
- On the tool bar click on options, general
- Setting up your work enviroment~ make folder for temp. files somwhere on your hdd or point it to your FTii recovery tool folder
- Click ok and close out of program
!Make Boot sector to SD Card! *Caution, This is the only place you can screw up and your sd card should result in a 700mb storage device, if not you failed.
- On the toolbar click… tools, disk tools, clone disk
- Choose file (aben.start sector.001) its the first file in the recovery folder you made, thee important one.
- Choose the sd card as your destination, whether its in an sd card adapter or usb adapter.
- Checklist…source: raw image should be chosen as your sector.001 file, destination medium is going to be your sd card, start sector (destination) Fill in 0 (zero) and click ok. if you recieve any temp. file locator errors, ignore them unless its concerning your preporation setup or this process wont work.
- After finish it finishes, take out the card, close your windows and put it back in.
- Your result of the card should be 700mb after you format the card to Fat32, if not you screwed up and restart the process to editing your sd card.
- Extract android folder and copy the folder android on the sd card
Plug YOUR FRIGGEN TABLET IN… mmmk then… now proceed.
Put the card in your tablet and power it on (dont press buttons, dont boot to recovery, just turn it on and you should recieve a message right away saying applying update or somthing relative to that)
Let linux do its thing
Calibrate your screen
Debugging options have NOT been disabled, they have been HIDDEN..so dont fret. We have posted links for rooting and to fix your sd card. we are here to help, any questions, comments or concerns…post them here.
Source: Android Tablets
Recently I got my Samsung Galaxy S phone back from repairs (I’m a bit bad with phones – I either give them away, let them get stolen or damage them physically hahaha!) and tried getting my MMS settings to work properly with Cell C. This lovely, cute, stunning girl (yeah she is awesome!!) sent me an MMS and I really wanted to have a look at the pic. Let’s just say %*#$^ what a mission! GPRS works great first time but to get MMS working was a bit of a new ball game! Anyway I got it working eventually and noticed there are quite a lot of users on the interwebs having the same problem; not just with Cell C but also Virgin Mobile, Vodacom etc… Don’t think our operators here are quite user friendly towards android phones just yet.
To simplify things I have added screenshots of my APN setup. If you have any queries please feel free to comment below:
On a side note I set my MMS to manual download and not auto retrieve. Only did this for testing purposes. Also if you’ve entered it correctly like in my image examples and it’s not working, just reboot your phone then all should be purrrrfect!!! Happy MMS’ing
I came accross some really great software called Texdro. Texdro is an Android/desktop application which makes it possible to receive a pop-up window on your computer as your phone receives a SMS or an incoming phone call. You can easily read the pop-up message and send back a SMS to the sender directly from your computer. When you send the SMS from your computer it also keeps the SMS on your phone so that you never miss any of your conversations. You can also import all your phone contacts and if you are using Texdro Desktop Pro it will import your contacts photos as well.
Texdro works via Wireless and Texdro Desktop Pro adds USB and Bluetooth to that. Personally for me I use wireless as I leave my phone lying around the house or the office making it easier for me to reply to SMS’ or calls.
- Read and answer new SMS’ directly from your computer.
- Import your phone contacts to your computer (Also supports Gmail and vCard contact imports).
- Remove and edit contacts.
- Conversation views.
- The desktop application is platform independent and runs on Java.
- Network traffic between your phone and computer is highly encrypted and also uses a password.
Additional features why you should get Texdro Desktop Pro over the free version:
- More stable connection in general.
- USB Connection
- Bluetooth connection
- Automatic phone discovery over WLAN. You don’t need to enter any IP-address anymore. This is great for dynamic IP-addresses or when you use Texdro at multiple locations.
- Notifications when your phone is ringing.
- Send group/multi messages.
- Wi-Fi autostart, make Texdro start automatically when you’re in range of your home Wi-Fi.
- Tabbed conversations
- Contact photos
- Automatically update downloads
How do I install Texdro on my phone / computer?
- On your phone, search for “Texdro” using the Market application and install it.
- Once installed, click here to download and install Texdro on your computer.
- Open up the download Jar file and follow the on-screen instructions (Java has to be installed on your computer. Get it here!)
- If you are using wireless enter your phone’s static IP address.
- When you have finished setting up Texdro on your computer, open up Texdro on your phone and press the Texdro icon to run the application.
- The icon on your phone and on your computer’s task bar should both be green.
- You should now have successfully installed Texdro! If you have any problems, check out their website here.
If you like this software, support this guy, it’s only $2.99 for Textro Desktop Pro version is really awesome and worth it!
I purchased my HTC Desire around 4 months ago and have been loving it! When Android Froyo 2.2 was released I was able to do an automatic update over the air and it has been working great! Recently my mate also got an HTC Desire but he is stuck with Android 2.1 because his service provider doesn’t allow an upgrade to Froyo 2.2! WTF right?! Here I am going to show you how you can install Android Froyo 2.2 on your HTC Desire using either an official Android Froyo 2.2 ROM or a custom version. I am currently using LeeDroid ROM and it is absolutely fantastic! I chose this one over other ROMs because it still contains HTC sense. You can read more about it here. Alright lets get started.
Before you begin.
- This is the easiest method (that I know of) available to root your phone.
- If you have HTC Sync installed, uninstall it first before continuing. It tends to interfere with the rooting process.
- This rooting method will also flash a custom recovery image so that you can start flashing ROMs straight away.
Root and Flash a Custom Recovery Image
- Download the Unrevoked rooting application: click here
- Plug your phone into the computer using your USB cable.
- When the Unrevoked application has downloaded, double click it to run. Assuming that you are using Windows, open the file called “Hboot Driver” and follow the instructions provided to install the modified Hboot drivers. Cant find this driver? Download the modified Hboot driver here. (Graphical installation instructions provided on this download link too)
- Once the drivers have successfully been installed, run Unrevoked’s Reflash program. (Should appear as an icon on your desktop)
- Once the driver is successfully installed, unplug the USB cable, turn off your phone by taking out the battery and putting it back in. You can turn your phone on again by pressing your power button and get your normal phone’s home screen.
- Right click Unrevoked’s Reflash file on your desktop and choose “Run as administrator”. The program should now have opened with a message saying “Waiting for device”.
- On your phone, navigate to your Menu > Settings > Applications > Development and check that USB Debugging has been turned on.
- Plug your phone into the computer again using your USB cable.
- It should automatically locate your phone if it is plugged in. Just follow the on-screen instructions on Unrevoked’s Reflash program to continue.
- Done! You have now successfully rooted your phone and have a custom recovery image installed.
Issues? Unrevoked still not locating your device? Try the below steps and head over back to step 3.
Download the drivers from here.
- Put your device into USB debugging mode (Settings > Applications > Development).
- Extract the drivers to desktop.
- Open Device Manager, right click the phone and click Update Driver Software…
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Click Have Disk…
- Click Browse…
- Browse to your desktop and go into the usb_driver folder.
- Select android_winusb.inf and then select Android Composite ADB Interface.
- Turn off USB debugging mode.
Load Android Froyo 2.2 on your HTC Desire using a custom ROM
Now that you have rooted your phone we can install Android Froyo 2.2 on your phone. Please note that when installing a custom ROM it wipes out all data so make sure you have backed up your contacts and any other info you want. This will not erase your SD Card, only the storage on your phone itself.
Note: Make sure your phone is fully charged before flashing a ROM.
- Head over to XDA-Developers’ Forum and download a custom ROM of your choice. I use the LeeDroid ROM which is awesome, and official ROM can be downloaded from here.
- Plug your phone in with your USB cable and mount the SD Card. If you are using an Android phone other than the HTC Desire you need to choose your phone first from XDA-Developers website and then choose the Development section.
- Copy the downloaded ZIP file to the root of your SD Card. Do NOT extract the ZIP file.
- When it has successfully copied over to your phone, unplug your phone from the USB cable.
- Turn of your phone, hold in the down volume button while turning on your phone again. This will boot your phone into the boot-loader. (If it finds a file called “PC36IMG.zip” on your SD Card and it wants to update your phone, say NO, we don’t want to do this.) Wait a few seconds then navigate the bootloader menu using the volume up / down buttons and select “Recovery” and wait for your phone to boot into recovery mode.
- Scroll to Wipe Data and select “wipe data/factory reset”. Next select “wipe cache”. (Note this erases all data on your phone!)
- The final step is to scroll to “install from zip file”. Select the ROM that you have earlier copied to your SD Card and wait for it to finish flashing. Once it has finished flashing, hit reboot and you are all done! If you want to flash a different ROM, just follow this procedure again.
Enjoy your new Android Froyo 2.2 phone! Once again if something went wrong with your phone don’t blame me, cannot be held responsible. If you have followed these steps correctly everything should be perfect! If you don’t understand anything or stuck somewhere feel free to comment below!
Some guys over at XDA-Developers have managed to hack the PlayStation 3 with Google Android phones. This hack is referred to as jailbreak, and by jailbreaking your PS3 you will be able to create backups of your games.
Below is a step-by-step guide you can use to jailbreak your PlayStation 3 using a rooted HTC Desire phone (entirely at your own risk!). We are not held responsible if you end up damaging your PS3 or your HTC Desire… Cool?! Alrighty let’s move on…
If you have a phone other than an HTC Desire make sure to check out the compatibility list here.
Note: Your PS3 firmware should not be newer than version 3.41.
Step 1: Download this package: download file, and extract it.
Step 2: Now extract the file named “N1-CM6-PSFreedom.tar.gz” and copy its contents to your HTC Desire’s microSD card.
Step 3: Also copy the file named “PS3-signed.zip” and “PS3-no-more-signed.zip” to your microSD card and reboot your phone into recovery console.
Step 4: Once you reboot, flash “PS3-signed.zip” on your phone and reboot it.
Step 5: Use a terminal app (like ConnectBot) to type in the following:
Step 6: Switch off your PlayStation 3:
- For PS3 Old Model: Switch off at the back.
- For PS3 Slim Model: Unplug console from wall.
Now plug your HTC Desire into the PS3 via USB.
Step 7: Turn on your PS3 and press the power button followed by eject button in quick succession.
Step 8: Voila!!! Your Sony PlayStation 3 is now hacked with an HTC Desire! You should see “Install Package Files” under Game on the Cross Media Bar (PS3’s UI), this will confirm that your PS3 is now hacked.
You can return your phone to its previous non-flashed state by booting back to recovery mode and flashing “PS3-no-more-signed.zip”.
The hack does have a few bugs though, namely: Wi-Fi and USB Mass Storage which will be disabled on your phone until original boot image is flashed back.
Disclaimer: Hacking or modding your PlayStation 3 (PS3) might result in Sony banning your console from PSN (PlayStation Network). Use it only at your own risk.