The “iXtreme Burner MAX” customized PC DVD burner firmware allows burning 100% of an XGD3 ISO to regular DVD+R dual layer discs. Preferred media for error-free burns are Verbatim MKM001 (burning at 2.4x), and Verbatim MKM003 (burning at 2.4x or 4x). Note: “A” versions have MTK chipset, but are old and untested. “Y” versions have the NEC chipset, which is not supported. All regular features of the burner function as normal, including LightScribe, LabelTag, Smart-Erase, Smart-Burn, Smart-X, and SuperAllWrite. Even with the custom iXtreme Burner MAX fw flashed to the drive, it is still fully functional as a regular burner, not only for XGD3, but also XGD2, and all other ISOs and data, up to 8.7GB worth.
Compatible Lite-On PC DVD Burners:
- iHAS124B (Baseline model)
- iHAS224B (Baseline model + LightScribe)
- iHAS324B (Baseline model + SmartErase)
- iHAS424B (Baseline model + LightScribe + SmartErase (or = 224 + SmartErase))
- iHAS524B (Baseline model + LabelTag + SmartErase)
- iHAS624B (Baseline model + LabelTag + LightScribe + SmartErase (or = 524 + LightScribe))
Where can I find a compatible burner?
Either one of these drive will work fine.
Download the iXtreme Burner MAX Firmware:
Click here - Inside the archived file you will find “iXtreme Burner MAX Tutorial.pdf”, follow the instructions on this document. It is really easy and really simple to do, just follow the steps as directed.