The new iXtreme LT+ v1.9 for Samsung, BenQ and the Phat Liteon will be released tomorrow, 15 June 2011, as announced on the Team Jungle Twitter page!
LT+ v1.9 will not have support for the new XGD3 backup discs (that will come in v2.0), but it will be compatible with the new OFW flashed by the latest dashboard (2.0.13146.0) upgrade. However original XGD3 discs will work.
XDG3 is a new disc format for the Xbox 360 console which newer games will be using later this year. The XGD3 format will write to an extra “1GB layer” on the disc. Not to be confused for a physical layer, the discs are still nothing more than Dual-Layer DVDs. However, the discs do read in at a larger capacity.
If you upgraded your console’s dashboard version to 2.0.13146.0, then definitely! The latest firmware is also written on the latest dashboard update, so if you are a regular Xbox LIVE player you will be able to play on LIVE again. If you use the latest dashboard with an older iXtreme version you will get banned. As mentioned iXtreme v1.9 doesn’t allow you to play backup copies of newer games using the XDG3 format, you can play XDG3 orginal games though, only iXtreme v2.0 will have this support. If you have an older dashboard and you don’t play you game backups on Xbox LIVE, then you can wait for iXtreme v2.0 – no need to upgrade if you dont.
Download the latest dashboard here.
- Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer. Note: The USB flash drive must use the FAT32 file system.
- Download the update file.
- Click Save to save the console update .zip file on your computer.
- Unzip the file. If you are using Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7, double-click the .zip file to unzip it.
- Copy the contents of the .zip file to the root directory of your flash drive.
- Unplug the USB flash drive from your computer.
- Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your Xbox 360 console.
- Restart the console.
- When the console restarts, the installation program starts automatically. Select Yes when you are prompted to update the new console software.
REMEMBER: If you have a flashed console, get your console flashed back to stock first before doing the update. When your console is back at stock, do the update then flash your console back to the latest version of iXtreme v1.9+.